Whew, it’s only Wednesday and it has been another draining week! I was at the point between last week and before today that I thought:
“You know, I just can’t take anymore!”
I was being a Victim! Feeling sorry for myself, really. I was letting things completely out of my control – control ME! I was NOT handling things well at all! I had lost my perspective.
What changed today?
Well, it was still a crazy day, but I tried to focus on what I could do instead of what I couldn’t do. And, I took time to appreciate all the good things that happened today as they happened:
- I made progress on a project that I’m working on that was at a stand still
- I was able to help a very pregnant co-worker be able to do her work from home where she could be more comfortable
- I had a wonderful picnic lunch with friends that I haven’t seen for awhile
- My very handsome hubby made a delicious dinner AND did the dishes for me
- My best friend who always seems to know what to say and when to say it, sent me the perfect email to lift my spirits. She is always there.
- I went to a meeting where I feel like I’m really contributing to progress
- My wonderful husband then made me an AWESOME dessert coffee, ready for me when I got home from the meeting! Complete with fresh whip cream and homemade chocolate sauce and cocoa! WOW
There are many other things, but I won’t go on too much! The point I’m trying to make is, I needed to stop focusing on the one or two unimportant things (that are also out of my control) and focus on the important things.
It’s those little things that turn out to be the truly important things: family, friends, and being true to your heart.
Live, Laugh, Love. and I need to take my own advice! It Feels Like Today.