Sounds extremely selfish and boastful, doesn’t it? It’s a pretty hard thing to do. I can do this with ease for those I care about, but, for ME??? Kinda weird.
I just read a post on Uplift Antidote about this idea.
My focus for February? LOVE! All kinds of love. Husband, Kids, Family, Friends, and…weird as it is, ME.
This is a good idea for a post to end January and start February. Fitness is about focusing on me and my health (and, to my GREAT happiness…all of you that are following along and doing this too! I am so excited!) So, why don’t I start the love focus on loving myself?
This is something that the FlyLady talks about ALL the time. The word “FLY” for her actually stands for Finally Loving Yourself. And she is right. She talks often about how we beat ourselves up and listen to those inner voices that says “I can’t” or “I’m not good enough” or “I don’t deserve peace or happiness”. We are so mean to ourselves!
I have done this SOOOO much. I still catch myself looking in the mirror and frowning at that wrinkle or that not so flat belly. I still hear myself say, “I am so boring” or “Who would ever love a person like me?”
So many of us do this. We need to love ourselves.
So, I’m going to start with trying to come up with this “strange-feeling” list of 10 things I love about me. Bear with me, here goes:
- I love helping people, often it is the only thing that gets me through the day
- I love with all my heart. This has led to a broken heart a time or two, but if I love someone, I hold on very tightly with all my heart
- I have beautiful deep brown eyes
- I am a fun mom, weird sometimes, but fun!
- I am creative
- I know all the words to a million songs 😉
- I am really great at learning new things
- I am dependable. Scattered and forgetful sometimes, but usually, you can depend on me to get it done eventually!
- I am smart with computers (my little guy had to help me with that one. This is REALLY hard!)
- I am learning to be a better person. I push closer to this each day
OMG! That was extremely tough! Usually, my fingers can hardly keep up to my thoughts when I’m typing these posts! WOW!
My challenge to you – give this a try. Try to think about what makes you great! There are a lot of us that have a hard time doing this. But, I think it’s worth it to find a way to love Y.O.U.!
Share your list in the comments if you’d like!