Happiness is having an amazing BFF!
Today I celebrate my relationship with my best friend! I have talked about her before in my post: A Shoulder to Lean On. Today I write to you, my friend, my kindred spirit.
These are just some of the things that I love about you:
- Your beautiful soul and tender heart – there are no words to describe how your spirit lifts those around you, especially me.
- Your ability to understand me like no one else does. You get me: my quirky (and at times, annoying!) excitement about ideas, books, faith, people, places, dreams and wishes. You just get it.
- That I can’t go a day without talking to you in some way – phone, text, email, google chat or Facebook chat – there isn’t a day goes by that I don’t need to talk to you. It damn near killed me when you went away on a cruise without me! LOL 😉
- The fact that you just know what to say and what to do when I need it the most – I can always count on you.
- I admire your beauty and sex appeal – you are simply gorgeous! You define “Yummy Mummy”!
- The freaky way we can say and think the same things at the same time! It happens ALL the time!
- How we can spend HOURS talking (and I do mean HOURS) without running out of things to say and at the same time be comfortable in the quiet (though quiet is rare, our husbands would say!).
- How we are the same: small-town girls with big dreams, lovers of our husbands, care-givers of family, friends and strangers, sisters in spirit.
- How we are different: you are organized and a planner; I’m dishevelled and scattered – but somehow we can get so much accomplished!
- That I have somewhere to keep my secrets and that you trust me with yours. I can totally be myself when I’m with you. There is no need to hide any part of me. It gives me such a light heart just to be around you – I can let down my guard and just be me. I can laugh, I can cry, I can be open, I can just BE. I have never found that with anyone else.
- That you have seen my demons and my darkest hours and yet you’ve never left my side. I know, it has not been pretty. You have surrounded me with your love and protection when I have needed it most, and I know that you will again.
- Your joy to be alive! Your celebration of life inspires me each and every day. Your smile and giggle are totally infectious! You have an uncanny ability to lift my spirits.
- The fact that you will never grow old. It is impossible for you. We will always be young in spirit when we are together. It is when we are together that great things can happen. Nothing can stand in our way.
- The way you make me feel about me. You believe in me like no one else can. You gives me strength, you give me hope, you give me a reason to go on.
Every day, you save my life. And I will forever be grateful to you for that.
You could’ve bowed out gracefully
But you didn’t
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn’t
I drive myself crazy
Tryin’ to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It’s amazing to me
How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life
I come around all broken down and
And you’re comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don’t know, I don’t know
Sometimes I swear, I don’t know if
I’m comin’ or goin’
But you always say something
Without even knowin’
That I’m hangin’ on to your words
With all of my might and it’s alright
Yeah, I’m alright for one more night
Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every, every, every day
Every day you save my life