OK, well yesterday, my Happiness Project plan for starting on keeping a better house…well….didn’t happen. Well, I actually got groceries for the family, but I didn’t have a plan when I went there (not the best idea, and I was hungry), and I did dishes. That’s about it!
So…started over today! Try again, every day, right!?
My FlyLady list for the morning:
- Make Bed
- Swish & Swipe
- What’s for Dinner
- Morning Hot Spot
- Reboot Laundry
This went relatively well.
1. I usually do make my bed now – it became a habit when I started following the FlyLady about 1 1/2 years ago. It’s just nicer to climb into a made bed and my REALLY messy room doesn’t look AS MESSY? At least I’ll keep telling myself that!
2. Swish & Swipe – basically, FlyLady advises to give the bathroom a quick clean every day. Well, I don’t do it every day, but at least 2 to 3 days of the week. This is actually a really good idea. Quickly swishing the toilet bowl and swiping the seat keeps it from getting really disgusting (I have boys, so my poor daughter appreciates this!) And the quick swipe of the bathroom counter & taps (NO! Not in that ORDER!!!) keeps the toothpaste “spray” to a minimum! (I swear, that child deliberately sees how much area he can cover!)
3. What’s for Dinner – I have been REALLY bad at this one until today. I was OK for awhile, and it was so convenient! I absolutely HATE figuring out what to eat, because my kids whine for whatever I make unless it’s Kraft dinner and hotdogs! Sheesh! Seriously, they have no taste at all! Anyway, what I need to do is plan the week’s meals, then this is really easy (and ignore the whiner babies!) Today, I pulled out one of my freezer meals (that they will HATE, but I really don’t care!) so it will be a quick time getting that ready when I get home. More on Freezer meals on our web site: Simple Life Celebrations (it’s not there yet, but it will be!)
4. Morning Hot Spot – this idea is to tidy up that “hot spot” that always seems to be a mess. For me, in the morning, it’s the kitchen counter after everyone’s eaten and the latte’s have been made (my ONE vice! OK, maybe ONE of SEVERAL! ssshhhh!) I spent a few minutes (maybe like 15) putting dishes in the dishwasher and washing, drying and putting away others. This is very cool, because then I won’t have that $#%* mess to deal with while I’m trying to make supper. Very handy!
5. Reboot Laundry – I actually did this first, got the last load dried, folded and put away – YAY! More dirty clothes today, but that’s another story for later!
So, how did I accomplish all this before I went to work? I got up at 5:30!!!! Not cool, in my book! AAAAAHHHH! I am soooooo not a morning person!
However, saying that, I don’t really need to get up at that time. It just means that I need to get this stuff done first before I go on the computer to check my email and tweets! That is the real issue. PLUS, something else I’m going to work on this month – do more the NIGHT BEFORE so that I don’t have a million other things to do in the morning besides these 5!
And so begins the March Happiness Project theme – keeping a better house – does it make me happier?? We will see!