I caught myself thinking those words in the shower this morning. I stopped mid-thought and actually smiled and chuckled to myself. It’s sneaky how the old me tries to creep in every once in awhile!
That phrase,”Wouldn’t it be great if…” can be good, but for me, it’s an excuse.
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I could get that job?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…the business would take off and I wouldn’t have to have that job?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I had more time to do what I love to do?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…my husband would take me out for dinner?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I had so-and-so in my corner?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I had good luck for a change?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I lost 15 lbs?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…the kids did what I asked?
- Wouldn’t it be great if…I were a different person?
To me, those words are idle wishes. No plans, no actions, no accountability. They imply that it’s out of my control, but gee, sure would be great if they were in my control. Oh well, poor me…
That was the old me. The moaning, groaning, woe-is-me me. Wallow in self-pity, but don’t do anything about it!
Now (well, most days 😉 ) I am a woman of action. I don’t say, “Wouldn’t it be great if…” I say, “Hey, this IS great!” or “I have an idea” and I start to work on that idea!
Yes, my problem now is I have like 50 things going on, and I’m struggling finding balance, but WOW! I am happy! I am excited! I am seeing the GREAT things happen! I don’t have to say those words! The GREATness is right here, right now!! How cool is that!?
I look back over the past 6 months and see just how far I’ve come!
- I didn’t get that job, but there are others popping up! It will come!
- Our business didn’t even EXIST 6 months ago! Now we have a website full of great stuff, more than 138 fans on Facebook – some people we don’t even know! Ideas and excitement building!
- I have more time to do what I love because I am doing what I love right now! I have written 100 blog posts, read hundreds of other blog posts, made new friends, learned SO much!
- I took my husband out to dinner. He does the laundry, he cleans, he cooks amazing dinners; we’ve grown so much in appreciating and loving each other for who we really are.
- I have so many people in my corner, I cannot even count! They were there all along. I just didn’t appreciate them. Most of all, I didn’t think I deserved them. I am good enough.
- My luck has changed because I make my own luck! I act, I do, I work for it and most of all, I believe it. The Universe shines on me every day. I am Shining, every day! 🙂
- I haven’t lost 15 lbs, but I am in the best shape of my life! I am going to ride more than 200 KMs in 2 days this weekend, and I know that I can do it! I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman! (Had to put that in!)
- The kids don’t always do what I ask, but, they try because I yell less. I empower them to take care of their own stuff, to have responsibility. Most of all, to have fun!
- I am a different person. In so many ways. I am becoming who I was born to be. And that, makes me very happy!
The next time I catch myself saying that, I will smile and laugh. Yep, you just try sneaking back in! If you want to come in and say those words because you’re DREAMING about something and are going to take some action, well, GREAT! If you’re just whining, well, go whine somewhere else! I’ve got mountains to climb, so get out of the way! 🙂 It’s an EPIC journey and I don’t have time for your nonsense!