We spent the weekend out at my Mom & Dad’s camping with family this past weekend. These are just some of the things I learned:
- I may have to put on a winter coat, but dammit, I’m sitting by the campfire in July!
- Sisters are still sisters no matter what time & space comes in between
- Bacon & Egg calories don’t count when camping!
- Old dogs do NOT learn new tricks (or anything! for that matter!)
- Fireworks should be FIRMLY planted in the ground!
- I still SUCK at horseshoes, especially after a few cold ones!
- Cousins are the best friends that God grants us through birth!
- You are never too old to eat Puffed Wheat squares made by Gramma
- It’s never too cold in a tent when curled up with a warm Italian!
- Nothing, I mean, NOTHING, makes my mom happier than to be surrounded by her family!
What did you learn this holiday weekend?