I have just finished an book that has moved me more than any other has (for the moment 😉 ) I am over-flowing with thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and most of all Love! This is the book:
The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
It’s pages are marked by at least 10 little blue stickies pointing to parts of the book that touched me the most. Frankly, every page could have had a sticky on it.
I often wonder on this blog how the the Universe works. The Universe brought me the amazing new friend that brought me to this wonderful, life-changing book. The Path is so very clear at times, while at other times it is hazy and blurred. The times that it is difficult to see are the times when I have let fear control me. Times that I let anger, despair and hopelessness fill my eyes with so many tears that I cannot see in front of me! That is something that I learned in this book!
From the book….”You, on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if your were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around.”…”Living unloved is like clipping a bird’s wings and removing it’s ability to fly. Not something I want for you”…
There it is. A simple idea that is so hard to grasp!
So many, especially me, have lived like we are not worthy enough for someone, anyone, even God, to love us. We can’t even love ourselves!! Such a tragedy! It is heartbreaking, isn’t it?
I have spent so much time worrying about pleasing other people. That if I pleased them, they would love me. If I was always doing the “right thing”, I would be accepted. Only trouble is, it is impossible to please everyone at the same time. Then, the guilt and feelings of failure take over. The self-hatred and loathing begins. I lived as if I were unloved! I assumed that I wasn’t loved! That I had to EARN being loved!
And so, my fears and self-hatred blinded me. I could not see just how loved I am:
- My parents love me. No matter what mistakes I make, or where I go. They just do.
- My siblings love me – I am part of them, they are part of me; so many shared experiences
- My children love me – unconditionally, totally; even when I think I’m not good enough for them
- My husband adores me – he has told me so, so many times. It has taken me until recently to actually believe him
- My friends love me – they have seen my “weirdness” and my heart, out there on my sleeve, and they still want to be around me
- My God loves me – no questions asked, no rules, no restrictions, knowing me so much more deeply and clearly than anyone else could ever possibly know me and yet I am loved anyway
And the BIG one:
I love me – I see my beauty, I see my strengths, I see my creations, I see my path and I see my heart and it is full. I am no longer afraid. I just believe that I am ENOUGH. I am not perfect, but I am PERFECTLY me. And every fault, every stumble, every fruitless effort is as much part of me as the loving hands, the successes, and the hopes are.
I am living as if I am already LOVED. Because I am. I am Loved. And in understanding this, I hope it gives you permission to believe the same. I pray that it helps you to see how much YOU (Yes, even YOU!) are loved. You are. You truly are LOVED more than you can ever know! 🙂
I love you!
Something else I just read this morning after posting this that needs to be shared: from Ronna – It’s Only Love That Gets You Through