WOW! I had a really productive Monday!!
I ain’t braggin’ (LOL!) I just wanted to show you how the little things add up – the key is to just try something!
My Little Things:
- Brisk walk in the winter morning air
- Had a 35 minute stationary bike interval “spin” workout back at the gym – first time since Vegas!
- Got a ride home with Rach (Thanks Girl) and got to visit for a few minutes! That’s always a treat!
- Had freezer meal ready for supper – awesome!!
- Had text conversation with BFF
- Posted some good stuff on FB
- Cleared a path to my closet again (long, long, story – don’t ask!)
- Had supper at the KITCHEN table with all three of my kids – giggled and laughed (though they took apart their casserole…veggie “issues”..sigh….)
- Shawn fed the dogs & took out garbages and cleaned dishes out of his room (oh! there’s those glasses!)
- Rebecca did homework – I looked up French words for her on my iPhone with voice search – cool!!
- Cleaned the cupboard under the sink – including washing the garbage cans (big deal for me!)
- Lucas dried some dishes willingly!
- Cleaned the kids’ bathroom – including the tub that hubby got some sort of black marks from washing beer equipment – got them off! sigh……
- Discovered Google picture search and played with that with Shawn! LOL! very cool
- Chatted with my mom on the phone which resulted in a call to a cousin who needed computer help! Two phone calls in one night – I never “talk” on the phone!
- Got kids tucked in happily without a fuss
- Got two loads of laundry done and put away – including her “skinny jeans” that she needs for the “SnowFlake Dance on Thursday – oh dear……….11 going on 16…
- Did Core Blast workout from Phase 1 of Fit Marriage just for fun! (and lets face it, I’ve been lacking in the exercise department since Vegas!)
- Typed up this post! 🙂
It may not be anything miraculous or earth-shattering, but…it totally made my day to look back and count those little things that I DID today. Little moments with my kids and friends and family that I may just have missed if I didn’t pause to reflect on the day. Little chores that I did with a smile because I felt like doing them and enjoyed seeing things shining instead of resenting the mountain of housework that isn’t done.
So…my challenge to you my friends:
Tonight, make a list of ways that your day “ROCKED” – there’s gotta be some things – it doesn’t matter how small or insignificant you “think” it is – did it make you smile? did it mean 1 thing off the list? did it make you think? did it make you thankful? Start a gratitude journal of those little things every day and see how much happier you slowly become.
A song for you…So Small – Carrie Underwood – one of my fav’s: