I’ve enjoyed my little online “hiatus” over the past couple weeks! I’ve been quietly enjoying my family, friends and free-time!
Here it is, New Year’s Eve (well, it will be tonight!), so I thought I should reflect on my past year and ponder the next. I actually have been doing a lot of that in the past couple weeks; as I’m sure most of you have.
My post from December 30, 2009 was called Rock 2010 and I certainly believe I did that! Some highlights:
- I have certainly been the happiest I’ve ever been, thanks in part to The Happiness Project book!
- Started Simple Life Celebrations business with my best friend and we’re loving it! It hasn’t been easy and we’ve learned A LOT!!
- I rode 200+ km in 2 days for the Ride to Conquer Cancer with my dear friend Lori – it was an unforgettable, life-changing experience
- Our family has enjoyed several adventures together – a spontaneous trip to Montana, day-trips in our neighborhood, Fairmont vacation – quality time together
- I’ve lost a few pounds by continuing and evolving my workouts – including being able to actually RUN 5 km! Something I’ve never done before!
- The 7 Days of Sex Challenge and Fit Marriage workouts changed our marriage for the better!
- I have met some AMAZING people online and consider myself to have trusted friends all over North America, even though I have never met most of them face to face. I still feel “connected” to them via this new online world
- I’ve explored many different topics on my blog and reading others
There have been difficult times too, but they are hard to even remember, which is interesting…
- My marriage has had some rough patches earlier in the year, but working through them has made US stronger than we’ve ever been
- I still struggle with letting my oldest just find his own path…I’ve spent many sleepless nights worrying and wondering
- I’ve spent too much time online (especially with my iPhone now) – it’s a constant effort to be sure I get in face to face time
There was a time, not too long ago, when I would spend days, even weeks dwelling on the negatives. I have been hurtful and unaccepting of myself. Even to the point of being “mean” to myself! This is the biggest change I’ve seen in the past year. I count my blessings much more than I used to. I try harder to live in the moment. I try less to impress others. Most of all, I try very hard to be ME and even actually LOVE me!
Allison Nazarian’s letter to her 2009 self yesterday speaks to my heart. It feels like she wrote that letter to me. Read it and take it to heart…
My Goals for 2011 – GO! is the motto I’ve chosen for the year!
- GO: dare to be ME – take chances, make a difference, don’t care what others think!
- GO: share Simple Life Celebrations with the world! We have ideas for expanding and moving forward with our business. More focus and more SIMPLE LIFE CELEBRATIONS! 🙂
- GO: start writing the two books that I’ve got rattling around in my head l- I shall put them to paper (or computer screen – you know me! 😉 )
- GO: create space and time in my home – the minimalist process that I’ve started this year will continue to grow!
- GO: create some happier spaces at work – I really need to work on doing my job better in the ways that I can control and worry less about what I can’t – that has been the toughest part of my life’s journey. I am there, I need to make it better
- GO: exercise and eat healthier and continue to be in the best shape of my life!
I’ve been trying to come up with a song for the New Year…I think it has to be Firework by Katy Perry
2011 will be the year I will SHINE and show the world what I’m worth! JOIN ME!
“Let your colors BURST!”