We went camping at the farm this weekend; on the heels of several posts about “Where I’m From”. I thought I’d add to the list. I’ve written before about this, but thought I’d add some camping photos and things I thought about this weekend.
- Green and more green, surrounding me, comforting me in it’s lushness
- Late night games of “kick the can” and hiding in the darkness
- Stories and lessons around the campfire; accompanied by calories that just don’t count
- Canoe trips down the same river that somehow has changed over the years, just like me
- Not minding a little bit of rain, barely noticing it on my face
- Spotting birds, some familiar, some not – waking up to their songs of the day
- Wild roses, blooming and filling the air with their sweet smell
- Blue skies as far as I can see; looking up through the trees or across the hills
- Talks over a cup of coffee are the way to solve anything
- Where the words “I do” mean forever – miss you Granny and Grandpa…
- A place where you can go for miles and still be near family
- Mosquitoes chowing down on every exposed piece of skin, but being outside anyway
- Laughs and giggles into the dark night as the coyote howls and the occasional thunder rolls
- Picking blue bells and tiger lilies for mom to say “I love you”
- Going all over the world but realizing that the best place is right here, at home, right back where I come from.