It is the first day of Spring 2012, here in Olds, Alberta.
I rushed along, stuck behind someone who thought the speed limit through town is 20KPH, late and no parking spot and so many things demanding my time. I felt the cold on my hands where my forgotten gloves should have been. My body aches from yesterday’s tough workout and my sluggish brain complains of the lack of caffeine that my sleeping in resulted in from only one latte today…
There are many things to grumble about, there are many changes to be afraid of, there are many things that don’t go the way I’d planned. And yet…I have it all:
1. My beautiful family who give me reason to press on
2. A warm bed and loving husband in a house in a quiet neighbourhood where my family is safe
3. Parents who allowed me to spread my wings and fly wherever my heart takes me
4. Friends who love me the way I am, who are always there when I fall
5. A job that lets me do what I do best: help people, every day
6. My body that is strong and able to feel the cold and the sore muscles because I am alive and well
7. Dreams that may seem crazy to some but I believe in them anyway
8. A hope and faith that there are so many more special moments and days ahead of me
I read an email early today that said: “Spread love everywhere you go: First of all in your own house … kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness.” ~ Mother Teresa and then I saw this video:
All of these thoughts came flowing out of my heart and I had to write. I had to share. Regardless of the consequences. I just had to share in whatever way I can.
Life IS beautiful…We have it all